Ponant Announces Enhanced Security Protocols!
Ponant underscores its leadership in the cruise industry and intends to return to service on the French coast in July, while announcing extensive new protocols to complement existing hygiene measures.
The cruise line said in a press release that the new strategy will include stringent measures for guests, crew and cargo, as well as strengthening on-board safety protocols.
According to the company, they are collaborating with the Institute of Infectious Diseases of Marseille, one of the world's leading centers for infectious diseases, as well as a battalion of Marseille marine firefighters. Ponant is also the only expeditionary line to receive Bureau Veritas Safeguard status, confirming the effectiveness of health protocols.
The updated guidelines developed by the French line are based on healthcare standards that exceed international guidelines.
In addition to the stringent cleaning procedures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), social distancing requirements and enhanced employee training, the new measures include:
• All guests and crew members will be required to provide a signed medical form from a doctor, complete a health questionnaire, and undergo a medical examination and screening by ship personnel.
• All baggage will go through the disinfection area using disinfectant mist or UV lamps.
• Passengers will be provided with surgical and cloth masks, disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizers.
• 100% fresh air in cabins through non-circulating air conditioning systems. Ventilated air will be renewed in public areas at least five times per hour.
• The restaurants have been redesigned and will only offer contactless, a la carte service.
• Public spaces such as gym and theater will be 50 percent full.
• Hourly disinfection of touch points such as door handles and handrails with peroxide, which removes 100% of germs and bacteria.
• Crew members must wear a mask or visor when in contact with guests. Guests will be asked to wear a mask in the hallways and also recommend in public areas.
• Through a major investment over several years, Ponant has reported that it has a redesigned and completed medical center. Each vessel is equipped with state-of-the-art hospital equipment, including mobile laboratory terminals that allow on-site testing for infectious or tropical diseases. Advanced diagnostic equipment such as ultrasound, radiology and biological blood analysis is available throughout the fleet, with one doctor and one nurse on board each.
• All ships will have five free cabins in case of necessary isolation of guests.
• Motorboats "Zodiacs" will be thoroughly disinfected after each stop on the way.
• Re-boarding after shore excursions will only be permitted after temperature checks and disinfection procedures (individuals and personal effects).
You can find the full schedule of routes at the link:
All cruises on Ponant ships
The most current cruise news and promotions:
Consultation on any questions:
+38 044 337 84 01
+38 093 653 05 53
+38 066 653 05 53
+38 097 653 05 53
Cruise department manager
Leave your comment